Search It For Pete's Sake!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

Hello all! In my first post, I showed a podcast I created to enlighten some of why technology is important in the classroom. In addition, the podcast's purpose was also to show you the final product of a project we will be working on for our first unit. Because this is such an in depth project and will span over a few weeks, I have decided to use the social networking software Twitter for two reasons.

1. To show one way how a tool such as Twitter can be used within the classroom.
2. Because it is easy to use, free, and many of you are familiar with it.




If you are unfamiliar with Twitter, please visit the following video on YouTube Twitter in Plain English. We will use email and Twitter this semester for all outside of school communication. I usually check my email frequently but if you have a question and Tweet it to me, I receive it immediately (because I have Twitter mobile, yay!) and I will be able to respond quicker to all your dying questions.

Once you set up your Twitter id's, "follow me". My twitter id is awat1986. As requests come in to "follow"  I will compile them in a list at Google Docs so you will have access to each other and "follow" each other. If for any reason you are having any trouble shoot me an email or post a comment to this blog entry. I'd like everyone signed up by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment